Voice Moves will be hosting an information workshop for Choir Committee’s or their representatives and Musical Directors
The program proposed is
- Changes to legislation for the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 – How does this affect your Choir??
- Social Media – The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
- Afternoon Tea
- Forum – Performance Venues & Successful Concerts – Share your secrets; let us know what venues have impressed you!! What makes a successful performance?
- Music Trading Post – Sheet music, buy, sell or swap – bring your old sheet music along to see if other choirs can make use of it!
Why should your choir send a representative/s to this workshop? (Aside from the lovely afternoon tea)
New changes to the Associations Incorporations Act will require your committee to review your constitution. Laily Yassin from the Dept of Commerce will have all the information your choir needs to comply with the new regulations in the Act.
Holly Walton is a specialist in the area of Social Media and Marketing and will talk about the use of Social Media for your choir.
An interactive forum with Matt the Moderator – this is your chance to tell all – what has worked when organizing concerts and events AND what hasn’t worked……what are the pitfalls. Where are the great concert venues around Perth, value for money, perfect acoustics……
Finish the afternoon by checking out music for sale or swap – top up your music library and network with other choir reps!
The Where and When:
- Date – Sunday 24th July,
- Venue – Riverton Baptist Church
- Address – 38 Modillion Avenue, Shelley
- Time – 1.30pm – 4.30pm
- Cost – no cost, Voice Moves is funding the event
- RSVPs are essential by Fri 22nd July to email@example.com
Choirs are welcome to nominate as many committee members as they wish, however for catering purposes for afternoon tea please RSVP with numbers as soon as they are known.